:sad: As I have had no replies at all to my problem re upgrading to Microsoft 2003 (27th August) I am going to do a reformat and hope that will solve the problem. Can anyone tell me how I can take a copy of all my e-mail folders beforehand as I have lots of saved messages in folders which I would like to keep. I have already been able to export my address book. Hope someone will be able to help me this time.
Many thanks in advance.
Mary (Scotland)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Can anyone tell me how I can take a copy of all my e-mail folders beforehand as I have lots of saved messages in folders which I would like to keep.

The best way I can see doing this is to burn them all on a CD(s). If this isn't an option, a flash drive is also a possiblity.

Sorry no one could help you last time. ;)

Thanks.

I don't think they understood...I sure don't lol, but 'Stein understands everything, don't worry! :P

:sad: As I have had no replies at all to my problem re upgrading to Microsoft 2003 (27th August) I am going to do a reformat and hope that will solve the problem. Can anyone tell me how I can take a copy of all my e-mail folders beforehand as I have lots of saved messages in folders which I would like to keep. I have already been able to export my address book. Hope someone will be able to help me this time.
Many thanks in advance.
Mary (Scotland)

hello ,assuming you are using outlook express as your email program ,open outlook ,go to tools/options/maintenence/and click on store folder ,this will show the path to outlook store folder .then using burner or thumb drive copy /burn the whole outlook folder .after you reinstall windows ,re-create your email profile in outlook ,then copy the folder you saved to the location of the new store folder and choose to overwrite when asked to do so !!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.