We just got my niece a new mp3 player for christmas - well I am trying to get it ready for her, but..I have no idea what to do. I put in the *driver* cd that came with it ....but all it installed was an MP3 Update for the mp3 player and that's it. Nothing else. It says I am suppose to go to MyComputer and see a folder called *Portable Disk* I don't see that file...

I have a Trio MP3 player. Please Help. Im at my witts end with this thing!:eek:

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

When you plug it in, does the computer make the ding-dong sound that shows a USB device is plugged in? (I assume it IS USB).

With My Computer open, click on the Folders button at the top and then expand My Computer on the left side to make sure you can see the drives.

When you plug the device in it should make the sound and a new drive should appear.

Does that happen?

When you plug it in, does the computer make the ding-dong sound that shows a USB device is plugged in? (I assume it IS USB).

With My Computer open, click on the Folders button at the top and then expand My Computer on the left side to make sure you can see the drives.

When you plug the device in it should make the sound and a new drive should appear.

Does that happen?

It does make the ding - dong sound.

I did the my computer - folders thing, and I see the E:/ driver folder - that has the cd in it that came with the MP3 player-

but, a new drive doesnt appear.

Or anything else?

It might appear as MP3 player or something. The device is obviously being detected.

What if you plug it in first and then open My Computer?

It's annoying not being able to see what's happening because I'm sure it is there :)

Are those removable drives ALL there to begin with?

When I plug in a Flash device it appears as a new removable device. My money would be the one labelled J on your machine (the others are probably card reader slots).

What happens if you click on J on the left side (or double-click it in the main area in the middle)?

Are those removable drives ALL there to begin with?

When I plug in a Flash device it appears as a new removable device. My money would be the one labelled J on your machine (the others are probably card reader slots).

What happens if you click on J on the left side (or double-click it in the main area in the middle)?

it has a file in it called voice - and the voice file is empty.

I think that's it. It WILL be empty at the moment.

If you know you don't have any cards in your card readers, the J is probably the one. Does it disappear if you unplug the MP3 player. Can you still open it if the player is removed?

I think that's it. It WILL be empty at the moment.

If you know you don't have any cards in your card readers, the J is probably the one. Does it disappear if you unplug the MP3 player. Can you still open it if the player is removed?

Yes. It goes away when I unplug the MP3 player. Yay! Thank You SO much SnowDog!

When I put the music in that file - will I have to let the MP3 player turn off and then turn it back on to get the music to work?

Well, now you need to read the instructions because I haven't a clue how that model works - but all you really have to do is drag music onto that drive and it'll get copied into it, and when you use the navigation buttons on the player itself you'll see the tracks listed.

You shouldn't actually NEED to disconnect it.

I find it is best for all the equipment to leave the USB cable plugged in and just connect the player when you want to put music on to it (or delete what's already there). However, if the cable is plugged in the front USBs it is easy to accidentally lean on it and damage the ports on the computer, so you'll have to decide.

nevermind - i figured it out. thanks so much.

Read the manual first, though.

Did you copy it into the VOICE folder? The manual (possibly on the disk) will tell you how to use it.

I thought it was just us blokes who only read the manual after they'd exhausted all other possibilities :)

ha. i read the manual front to back and back again. lol. Thank you again.

Is it sorted now? I'm sure it will be fine - just a case of figuring out how to use it :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.