I'm new to the group and i gotta say that this is a very kewl concept. Anyway on to my problem. Sorry if this has been posted i wasnt able to find it anywhere.

I have a laptop with a wireless connection. Connects through a linksys wrt54gs with a modified bios on it, a friend of mine has this same router and this same bios and has no problems. My problem is that i am unable to browse my network with the laptop over the wireless conection. I am however able to browse the network when i use the lan jack. I have disabled the firewall for the wireless connection and i have done all the windows updates. Over the wireless i can do anything else that i want to do. I called linksys support and they told me that the router shouldnt be casuing this issue.

I have been dealing with this issue for awhile now since i got the laptop and i have plum run out of ideas. Im thinking it could have to do with something with the laptop which is on its 3rd version of xp at the moment and all of them have expereinced this issue. However other then a driver issue which i cant fix im not sure what to try to make it work.

The laptop is an asus a6u, the error that i get is

You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

I am able to browse this server from my lan jack.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

when do you get this error message ,after click what/or where??.
when i click on the wireless icon by the clock ,i get a popup ,to search for wireless conection ,i click connect ,it finds to wireless conection my own and my neighbours i then click connect on mine and im on .do you get to where you have to choose the wirelss you have setup on you linksys,and click connect .

heyy help plz i need to get a wireless connection for my laptop its like a very hard thing to do anyone mail me plz SNIPPED

Hi,
This site is the only forum, no one will try to help you via email, please start your own thread and supply a lot more information about your problem and your PC.

Hi,
This site is the only forum, no one will try to help you via email, please start your own thread and supply a lot more information about your problem and your PC.

me think they are just trying to get our email address when we email them

I don't email, so no worries...

I don't email, so no worries...

me neither!no worries

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.