Every time I run certain programs (Microsoft Reader, Pando 0.9.3) I receive the following error: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application. I then click OK only to be presented with the same error message, but this one actually goes away when I click OK. Reinstalling these softwares doesn't fix the problem, and I haven't made any hardware changes to the PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Nothing but MS Reader can open .lit files, save for a questionably legal converter that cranks them out as nigh unreadable .htm or .txt files. I've looked around on the MS knowledge base and Google, but no two problems seem to be the same, and none of them are mine.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I'm having a very similar problem. I keep getting the message:
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005) when I try to open FL Studio (music production software). My computer just started doing this today. I would be so happy if anyone can please help me fix this problem asap. Thanks!

Hi,
With it happening to the two of you I would guess it is a virus doing the rounds. As your virus program has not detected it, do an online "House call" and download a malware checker and a spy-ware program if you are unsuccessful with the house call.

Go to www.filehippo.com and download MalwareBytes Malware remover, it is in the spyware column, center of page. Perofrm a quick scan and delete everything it finds.

Wow, Malware! Why didn't I think of that????

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.