running dual athlons in win2kpro. Is there a way to set the affinity of a process automatically when it starts? So I don't have to manually do it every time?
A certain game has a bug with dual cpu's. And it's hard to manually set the affinity before the game crashes.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Sorry, I'm not sure what affinity means? I tried doing a google search and all I came up with is that it is for dual-CPU systems??

Oh, sorry. On dual cpu systems running Window 2000, there's an affinity option in the task manager. If you right-click on a currently running process, there is "Set Affinity" right below "Set Priority". A box then pops up, allowing you to manually select which cpu's the process is allowed to run on.

running dual athlons in win2kpro. Is there a way to set the affinity of a process automatically when it starts? So I don't have to manually do it every time?
A certain game has a bug with dual cpu's. And it's hard to manually set the affinity before the game crashes.

Hi

I found this forum while looking for the same answer (by searching for "set affinity" in Google). I also found a link which helped me solve the problem:

ImageCFG

I hope this helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.