I am trying to rebuild my computer and wipe everything out making it like it was when bought new. I think the way I'm doing it im just reinstalling the program and not erasing everything. What are the steps to rebuild the computer and reload the windows xp on the computer. I wouldn't think this computer should be trashed yet its a custom built 2gb ram 2.81ghz 160g hard drive with hyperthreading. Had it about 3 years was still fast until late, how would a new computer with the intel core 2 duo or amd compare to this? would it be much faster or about the same figuring 2gb ram.. any help here??

I am trying to rebuild my computer and wipe everything out making it like it was when bought new. I think the way I'm doing it im just reinstalling the program and not erasing everything. What are the steps to rebuild the computer and reload the windows xp on the computer. I wouldn't think this computer should be trashed yet its a custom built 2gb ram 2.81ghz 160g hard drive with hyperthreading. Had it about 3 years was still fast until late, how would a new computer with the intel core 2 duo or amd compare to this? would it be much faster or about the same figuring 2gb ram.. any help here??

juat above us here,before you come into this thread is a link to help with formating and reloading windows .
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread55459.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.