Hello,

I've just baught a new Dell Inspiron 9400 with the works, with a WXGA 1920x1200 monitor.

Anyways, so far everything is awesome, except for one thing. Images in my browser (Internet Explorer), as well as the images on my taskbar and in certain programs, are extremely pixelated. Example: The Google image on google.ca has extremely rough edges, you can almost see each individual little square. Even the DaniWeb logo on the top of this page seems blurry/pixelated.

I can play video games and run programs with high graphics and I don't see any problems whatsoever visually, but as soon as I come back to windows or browse the internet, all the images seem to have that pixelated look. I seems to happen with videos on the internet as well.

Having payed an extra 200-300$ for a high res, good quality screen, I'm left wondering why I'm having these problems in Windows.

My Monitor:
17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™, I'm using the recommended resolution.
Graphics card is a 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7900 GS
Aside from the images, everything else seems fine, text seems alright. I notice now my windows Start button on the bottom left is pixelated as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It will not be your screen. Help me more here - is it only text-based images that are affected.... are you sure that the text in the start button is pixelated? For Daniweb logo - the text in the logo image is pixellated but not the sofa in the pic? And the Google logo text also? What about the knitting kangaroos?

I also have just gotten a Dell E1705 Inspiron and had the same issue where the images *just in IE6 and IE7* looked blurry or pixelated and the text was crystal clear. When I used an AOL browser to view web pages, they were fine, though.
Here's how I "fixed" mine:
I went through the add/remove programs and deleted the pre-loaded stuff that I knew I wouldn't need and ran across something called Microsoft Compression. After I removed that, everything was great.

XackPhobe

Hello,

I've just baught a new Dell Inspiron 9400 with the works, with a WXGA 1920x1200 monitor.

Anyways, so far everything is awesome, except for one thing. Images in my browser (Internet Explorer), as well as the images on my taskbar and in certain programs, are extremely pixelated. Example: The Google image on google.ca has extremely rough edges, you can almost see each individual little square. Even the DaniWeb logo on the top of this page seems blurry/pixelated.

I can play video games and run programs with high graphics and I don't see any problems whatsoever visually, but as soon as I come back to windows or browse the internet, all the images seem to have that pixelated look. I seems to happen with videos on the internet as well.

Having payed an extra 200-300$ for a high res, good quality screen, I'm left wondering why I'm having these problems in Windows.

My Monitor:
17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™, I'm using the recommended resolution.
Graphics card is a 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7900 GS
Aside from the images, everything else seems fine, text seems alright. I notice now my windows Start button on the bottom left is pixelated as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks for the Replies guys.

Xack - I'll be sure to try that, it seems that might be the problem. Thanks :).

Gerbil - It actually applies to all the images in my browser, as well as videos, not just text based stuff, including the logo and images on google, and the kangaroos or whatnot, so some kind of compression seems like the most likely culprit.

As soon as I get to my laptop I'll try what Xack suggested and let you guys know if it works.

Thanks again,
Yarrick.

Well, I couldn't find any compression programs to delete, but I downloaded firefox and there is no pixelation there, so it has something to do with the windows/microsoft programs. My taskbar and icons are still pixelated.

Any Ideas? I couldn't find anything about compression in the add/remove, maybe it's somewhere else?

Thanks
Yarrick.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.