Howdy all,

I would be extremely grateful if you could help me out. I have had a new desktop for christmas. I am currently trying to install Windows pro. I have 2 versions, one on dvd due to extra programs to install on it and one on cd. However when trying to boot from either disk I just keep getting the same message:

"Searching for Boot Record from SCSI..OK"

"Error Loading OS" :sad:

I have gone into the BIOS and adjusted boot priority. nothing.
I have gone inside and switched master and slave. nothing.
I have tried both version of windows. Nothing.

It reminds me of the christmas I was given a bike with no wheels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I wanna play with my new toy!:sad:

Thanks
c0llins05
[img]http://www.midnight-torrents.com/imagebucket/akumasig22[/img]

Howdy all,

I would be extremely grateful if you could help me out. I have had a new desktop for christmas. I am currently trying to install Windows pro. I have 2 versions, one on dvd due to extra programs to install on it and one on cd. However when trying to boot from either disk I just keep getting the same message:

"Searching for Boot Record from SCSI..OK"

"Error Loading OS" :sad:

I have gone into the BIOS and adjusted boot priority. nothing.
I have gone inside and switched master and slave. nothing.
I have tried both version of windows. Nothing.

It reminds me of the christmas I was given a bike with no wheels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I wanna play with my new toy!:sad:

Thanks
c0llins05
[img]http://www.midnight-torrents.com/imagebucket/akumasig22[/img]

sounds like you maybe have a SATA or scsi harddrive in you computer that you need to load drivers for before winxp will see the drive ,you do this when booting to winxp cd by hitting f6 to load drivers for sata/scsi drive .when prompted to do so ,usually the motherboard disk that came with the computer will have the drivers on it for the sata device controller,if you do have a sata drive .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.