Would some one please help me??
I have a blue screen of death!! Someone please tell me that I will not loose my files....
Heres the error code..
*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x81357B58, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)
Here is what happens when I turn my computer on:
A black screen comes up and it reads
We do appologise for the inconvience, but windows did not start successfully, recent hardware or software change might have caused this.
If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Cinfiguration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.
If a previos start up attempt was interupted due to a power failureor because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that
worked)

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.
Seconds until windows starts: (starts at 30 seconds)

Now when I highlight any choice the blue screen comes up
I cannot get into any thing to do anything!!lol

The last time I used the computer, it was locked up, so i pressed the power button, and it shut down. When I restarted it in the evening, thats when the blue screen appeared.

Any help that any one could possibly give me, would be so greatly appreciated.
Thank-you
DirtyGirl

Member Avatar for iamthwee

You will not loose your files, but that's assuming you've backed them up. ;)

If not - you're screwed because it sounds like a reformat of your hard-drive is in order. Well that the first thing, it might be something else.

There is however, a program called recover my files which can even recover work after a reformat. It's no guarantee though and recovers your work in a sporadic manner.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.