My computer was running really slow so I ran Spy Sweeper and it found this Trojan: trojan-backdoor-progdav. Spy sweeper quarantined it. Just to double check I ran Spy Sweeper again and the Trojan was there again. Spy Sweeper and Norton just don’t get rid of it for some reason. The problem is gone but the Trojan comes up each time I run Spy Sweeper. Any Suggestions?? :cheesy:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

My computer was running really slow so I ran Spy Sweeper and it found this Trojan: trojan-backdoor-progdav. Spy sweeper quarantined it. Just to double check I ran Spy Sweeper again and the Trojan was there again. Spy Sweeper and Norton just don’t get rid of it for some reason. The problem is gone but the Trojan comes up each time I run Spy Sweeper. Any Suggestions?? :cheesy:

Instead of quarantined, permanent delet that nasty. Do it on Safe Mode

Let me know.

Edit:

Turn OFF system restore before doing so.

When Spy Sweeper found it I had System Restore turned off, I deleted the file and then did a reboot. Ran Spy Sweeper again and it found the same trojan-backddor-prodav I deleted it again and did a reboot, this time I went in safe mode and ran the diagnostic version of spy sweeper an it found the trojan again.

That is why I am at a lost of how to get this bug competely out of the system. I also download a clean up utility that is suppose to really clean out all files and ran it after deleting the trojan but it did not get rid of it. I have found the clean up program to be better than other programs I have tried and it is free. Here is the URL if you would like to check it out: http://www.stevengould.org/software/cleanup/

Thanks but still trying.... if I get it I will post it on this report.

Cobrarr2003 :cool:

When Spy Sweeper found it I had System Restore turned off, I deleted the file and then did a reboot. Ran Spy Sweeper again and it found the same trojan-backddor-prodav I deleted it again and did a reboot, this time I went in safe mode and ran the diagnostic version of spy sweeper an it found the trojan again.

That is why I am at a lost of how to get this bug competely out of the system. I also download a clean up utility that is suppose to really clean out all files and ran it after deleting the trojan but it did not get rid of it. I have found the clean up program to be better than other programs I have tried and it is free. Here is the URL if you would like to check it out: http://www.stevengould.org/software/cleanup/

Thanks but still trying.... if I get it I will post it on this report.

Cobrarr2003 :cool:

Please post a HJT log here so we can take a look at it. Make sure to have the latest HJT version.

You can also "boot in safemode w/ networking" and scan your computer at http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
See what happen.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.