I need help to restore myself as an administrator on my computer I have been knock off an I'm now a guess an can't locate my files.HELP ME PLEASE!!!:confused:

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

my computer has change from administrator acount to guess account and now I have lost all my files because i can't get back to being administrator

If this is windows, you somehow logged in a second time as a guest.

Use the shutdown entry on the start button to log out of the guest account.

The computer should then start up again in the administrator account.

Hello, I still cannot get my computer to go back to Administrator,I have tried all I could and my p.c. is still in Guest mode,I NEED HELP or I have to put it in the shop. I have lost all my files and I can't download because I am not an Administrator.

Hello, I still cannot get my computer to go back to Administrator,I have tried all I could and my p.c. is still in Guest mode,I NEED HELP or I have to put it in the shop. I have lost all my files and I can't download because I am not an Administrator.

Reboot computer ,hitting f8 until you get the option to go into safe ,go into safe mode ,choose administrator and go to control panel and create a new user with admin rights ,as for why it happened and if you actually lost all you data im not sure!

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.