Hi, I thought that I resolved my problem with this program, version
6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.061219-0316, however I have not.
I went to the CP and Add/Remove and then to "Set Programs Access Defaults" and the office tech has it set at Custom for all of the programs listed here and so I looked at IE and it was set to "use current web browser" and so I changed it to Internet Explorer and thought I solved the problem, only to find that this setting will not stick.
I also went to Tools in IE and Internet Options and the "Reset Web Settings" and the window opened saying that Google found a program trying to change the settings.
Before that there was an option to change my Home page which is Google and I did not want to do that b/c I don't know how to reset it.
So I don't think the "Reset Web Settings" actually was enabled.
I did a "Search" for "Comct.32dll" and found that it is on my computer.
I am really confused as to what is going on here and would appreciate some comments.
I searched the Browser threads here and the closest that I could come across was a thread started by "taffylad" 2 weeks ago, however there was no mention of the error code.
I should say that while I am reading the technical error code information when I click on the hyperlink and the Error that " IE has encountered a problem and must close" that the site I am trying to get to actually opens but it is in the background behind the Error Information, and when I click on don't send then the whole thing shuts down.
I really need to get to some Links for my work. It is the long weekend here and I was planning on doing some catch up on the computer so that next week being a short week that I would not get bogged down and of course there are no tech people working being that it is Easter.
I again mention that the techie at work did a security check on the computer and said it was clean but had no time to explore the problem before the long weekend.
Thankyou for your time.