Hi,

I am glad to have found another active tech board. This is my first post and it is an emergency. My machine goes to the motherboard splash screen and stops. No error messages, no beeps, no bios, no safe mode. it goes to the splash screen and stops without any bios or DOS messages. This looks like a hardware issue, but other than simply putting together a new machine, what is the sequence of things to try? New ram?

Thanks for your suggestions.

roger

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Is this a recent built machine? If it is, disconnect the hdd, cd/dvd drives and start the machine. If problem is still there, pull the memory and try with just one stick of memory at a time and see if the machine will boot. If the board has an onboard video card and you are using a plug in card you may want to try the onboard card and try to boot using it.

thats absolutely what happened. I removed one stick of mem and it started. Does that mean that the stick was bad?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.