i am interested in changing to windows xp from current version of windows 2000, will all of my drivers that i am currently using under 2000 be compatible to xp

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

some might others might not but a lot of the drivers will come with your hardware

i am interested in changing to windows xp from current version of windows 2000, will all of my drivers that i am currently using under 2000 be compatible to xp

This link to Microsoft's HCL (Hardware Compatability List) may help you:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314062

Whenever you make a move from one OS to another, by far the best way to go is to back up, wipe clean, and install fresh. Upgrade installations only inherit little underlying problems which are inevitably present in your current installation, and then magnify them!

Also, you should really be looking at downloading drivers for all your components prior to installing the new OS. There will almost certainly be more up to date drivers available for your equipment, and it would be better to use them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.