My pc have been rather slow lately and keep getting stuck at windows loading screen, originally i was planning to format the machine, but i chose to use the auto repair on the XP CD instead. Well i am now able to get into windows but a lot of problem have been caused, for examlpe i am not longer able to get windows updated.. frankly i am not sure if its my pc or problems on mircosoft side, then i am now not able to use daemon tool or uninstall it and i simply dont have clue what is going on so if anyone have any ideas please help
thanks for your time

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

you will have to reinstall them again (antivirus, firewall, etc..). With regard to windows update, try to update again from the microsoft site. Problem persists, do a clean xp install.

What error do you have when trying to update from Windows Update?

If some applications doesn't work try reinstalling them. If they wont reinstall remove them with Windows Installer Cleanup Utility (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301) first.

Good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.