I have a IBM Thinkpad with Windows XP installed. Is there a way that I can just reset the computer without reinstalling XP?

If there isn't, maybe you can help me with this problem:
Spyware somehow removed the ability for applications to just open, so everytime that I click on a thumbnail, this pops up: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel." Doing this is complicated and not all 'associations' can be found so I suppose that my best bet is just to reset the computer... thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

try to right click the application then Open With, and depending on what type of program you need choose the program that you used to open the app with. Like if it were a mp3 and you used to use winamp right click/openwith/ winamp - or if winamp isnt there click Choose Program.... see about that :?:

That does work but sometimes it's not possible to find or run the program/application.. I need a permanent solution.. thanks for the reply.

try to right click the application then Open With, and depending on what type of program you need choose the program that you used to open the app with. Like if it were a mp3 and you used to use winamp right click/openwith/ winamp - or if winamp isnt there click Choose Program.... see about that :?:

This should work but you have click on (Open With --> Choose Program --> select the app that you want it to open with then put a check mark under Always open with).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.