sometimes when iv been using my PC for quite a while or running games that use a lot of CPU my pc will freeze, i was chekin wot would work while it wos frozen and got this: the num lock etc wont change, mouse lazer will change from dim to bright when moved, and the CD drive will open and close. but anyway after i that force shutdown my PC then turn it bak on but no video will show and the keyboard, mouse wont be active, but when i just turned the PC on the num lock etc will flash for a sec then will become inactive, but the CD drive will open and close. if i wate a while, 4 example about 1 hour it will turn on but if i do try turn it on b4 an hour it wil either do as sed above (not turn on etc) or it will rev with a black screen for about 10 sec then boot up. any1 no wots wrong? thought it mite be overheating but d'no

i just figured out if i open the dvd drive and turn it off while its kept open(this is happening wen it wont boot up). then when i turn it bak the PC will work

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.