For some reason my computer saves all software downloads to my D drive. I'm pretty sure that the C drive is the main drive for all software downloads. Is there a way to transfer and also save all software downloads primarily to my C drive? I am currently using Windows XP Home. Can someone help me resolve this problem? Also, this is a new motherboard and chip installed but I currently don't have the information of what it is because I did not install it myself.

when you start to download something you should get a prompt for where you want to store it. The motherboard has nothing to do with this.

>>Is there a way to transfer and also save all software downloads primarily to my C drive?
Yes -- its called drag & drop. In Windows Exploror highlight the files you want to move then drag the cursor to the destination folder and let go of the mouse button.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.