g'day guys

i'm running xp x64 (trial ed.) on M2N-SLI deluxe board, 2gb G-skill ram, 2x nvidia 8600gt GPUs and 64 6000+ athlon chip.

my problem is..... everytime i enter windows i have critical error problems and
every now and again the system will bring up the good old BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH and do a memory dump, i've looked everywhere to see if there is compability problems with my setup but i can't find anything

can you guys help me as its driving me up the wall and i'm ready to chuck this machine in the bin,

Cheers

Contributors
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Fracture

I had the same problem when trying to Install Vista Ultimate x64. My system is EVGA 680i LT Motherboard, 4gb Corsair XMS (PC6400), Core 2 Duo E6600, Geforce 8800GTX.

I could install Vista initially, but upon reboot I would get the blue screen with the message IRQL more or less not equal. Figuring it was a memory issue I pulled 2 of my 1gb sticks of memory out and reinstalled vista again. It then proceeded to install without a hitch.

Thinking that the memory was bad I got it replaced put it in and had no problems, that is until I reinstalled Vista again. I got the same blue screen and error message. So again I pulled out 2gb of memory and it installed fine. After setup was complete I put the memory back in and have no problems.

Not sure if my experience helps at all, but maybe it will for someone else. Goodluck getting it figured out.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.