Hi everyone. I just finished recording an English assignment and a have a serious problem! Before i get to the prob, heres wat happended. I used Nero Wave Editor to record and edit the whole thing. Then i saved the file as a .wav . To my dismay, when i tryed to make an audio cd in nero i found that .wav is not a supported file type. I though, easy ill just convert it! Wave editor cant open it. nooo i though. hey wait, i tried dbpoweramp to convert it and nothing! something about some codec! Is it possible for me to convert this to mp3 or burn a .wav to a cd (that will work on a normal cd player, not a PC)??? It is due in tomorrow (about 12 hours from now) and i really need help! anything will be greatly apreciated!

many thx in advance

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Rather than burning an audio cd, have you tried burning a data cd and then trying it on a cd player? If you're having that much trouble converting it on your computer, it may not work, but it'd be worth a shot.

Wave files are definitely supported by Nero! Uninstall Nero, reboot, then reinstall Nero, as it is not working correctly.

If reinstalling does not work, try to play the wav file with Windows Media Player. Just to see if your file even works.

commented: Great advice! --alc6379 +3

If reinstalling does not work, try to play the wav file with Windows Media Player. Just to see if your file even works.

Good suggestion, or even more basic, you can open it with Windows Sound Recorder. It uses WAV as its default filetype.

commented: Gald You agree with my post - JR85023 +1

the file is playable on the PC in windows media and all other players! I used to think that nero supports wav as well, but it still doesnt :( i think its corrupt in some way! Ive burned it to a data disc, and am going to tell my teacher im sorry, but you need to use a pc to play it. I dont think he'll be happy but ahwell, wat can i do!

Don’t Know how much time you have but you have some options.
Get a different converter most commercial MP3 converters give you at least 30 Days to try them out so try out a different one look HERE. My Favorite is ALL to MP3.

OR, you can try to burn the WAV file with Windows Media Player.

My Last question is are you sure that it is not a WMA file because NERO does not natively support WMA, but if you created the file with NERO then this most likely cannot be an issue. But if it was you can get the WMA PlugIn for NERO HERE.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.