Hope someone can help me with this,

I just done a complete wipe of my hard drive and re loaded windows xp pro. Trouble is I cant seem to connect to the internet wirelessly. It appears as if the wireless adapter has not been re installed.

I re loaded with an xp disk not my recovery disk. Could the adapter have been installed but just not activated, if so how can I go about turning it back on?

Thanks

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by compdoc

right click my computer and select properties then select the hardware tab then click device manager look for network adaptors to see if there is a red x or a question mark if there is a red x then right click it and select enable if there is a question mark then the drivers did not get loaded

right click my computer and select properties then select the hardware tab then click device manager look for network adaptors to see if there is a red x or a question mark if there is a red x then right click it and select enable if there is a question mark then the drivers did not get loaded

Thanks a lot, that pointed me in the right direction. Its all sorted now

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.