Is there anyway I can use web address from excel / notepad and run through the program and look the servers address.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I don't understand what you're asking. Could you provide more detail?

I don't understand what you're asking. Could you provide more detail?

Right now I am using Command Prompt.
Scenario: I go to Start >> Run >> type CMD >> type "NSlookup example.com" this gives me the webserver name or IP address.

Similarly I have 100s of Webaddress which I have to look up their webserver name or IP addresses.

My question is how do I automate this process. Is there any way I can do batch process and get the server name or IP address for each website.

Just create a windows batch file (file.bat) and stick the nslookup calls in to it. You can copy/paste and write the results stdout/stderr to a file and wait while it processes. If you only have a windows machine and no software development environments this is probably your easiest bet:

contents of file.bat:

nslookup www.google.com >> results.txt 2>&1
nslookup www.microsoft.com >> results.txt 2>&1
nslookup www.cnn.com >> results.txt 2>&1

That will put all of the contents in to results.txt. Just copy/paste your hostnames then get "nslookup " on your clipboard and paste down the left side, then make one more pass at the file and hit the right side.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.