Hi,

I am having quite a bit of trouble with my laptop and being able to send e-mail (via G-mail) in (Outlook 2003 SP1) using (Windows XP Pro ).. I can receive okay, but cannot send. I know how to enable all of the settings with g-mail, and have gone over every step. I have also checked MANY places and forums. I've found that many others seem to have a similar problem. But no Answer. Anyway, I get the error message: Task 'pop.gmail.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing SMTP server does not support SSL-secured connections. If SSL-secured connections have worked in the past, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' (It has worked in the past).

Okay, here's the deal: I am on a Wireless Network using my Netgear WGR614v4 router. I AM able to send e-mails when I am directly connected to the cable modem, via ethernet. However, I cannot send e-mails while wireless. I have tried to disable the WEP, but that didn't work. Firmware is updated. Don't know what really else to do. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

And if you connect your laptop directly to the router instead of the cable modem? Maybe your router blocks outbound port 465? It's always usefull to analyse your LAN traffic using Ethereal. That usually gives a lot of information.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.