I have a Intel 865PERL motherboards with integrated ethernal controller, except the controller is not installed properly. The device shows up as configured inporperly in device manager. (Code 1)

I also have a wireless card installed on my computer, but I want to run my wireless router lan into this computer, and wireless to my upstairs computer. For now the wireless is what im using to access the interenet on this computer. I have no clue what to do, please help.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

help?

Quick question...

Did the problem occur after you installed your wireless NIC? If so it could be an IRQ conflict which could probably be resolved by moving the NIC to a different PCI slot.

You should also check Intel's website for any updated drivers for your motherboard.

Check here for more troubleshooting help... http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d865perl/

Hope this helps.

I tried changing the pci slot, nothing happened. I used to have both working and a "1394 Connection". Now after i did that I have the wireless conecction and the 1394 Connection and now i also have a Local Area Connection for a Microsoft TV/Video Connection (internet oesnt work when i disable the wireless).

Help plz.

I fixed it k thanks

You might want to type in what you did to solve it for other people with the same problem.

HI EVERYBODY , I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM , BUT I FIXED IT , 1ST U NEED TO GO TO www.astra32.com DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE , IT WILL GIVE YOU THE DEVICES NAMES THEN

CHECK THIS LINK WHERE U CAN FIND THE DRIVERS : ftp://210.51.181.211/cn/

THE DRIVER I NEEDED WAS HERE TRY IT IT MAY WORK FOR YOU : ftp://210.51.181.211/cn/nic/PCI_Install_5681(installshield%2012_1.14).zip

NOW MY DEVICE WORKS FINE AND I CAN USE INTERNET AND MY ROUTER.
GIVE IT A TRY AND LET ME KNOW :)
HOPE WILL WORK FOR YOU AND GOOD LUCK.

But how do i find the name of the ethernet controller on my desktop computer, so i could download the driver for it.

Thanks
M.Anwar

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.