Ok so let me explain what I am looking for. I have one repo where the new code is being written that lives on one repository. On another repository I have pulled a snapshot of their code and edited to work in a certain environment. In a couple of weeks I need to pull a new snapshot from the other repo that has new/edit code that needs to be merged. How would I do this? Can svn merge do the trick? Thanks

I think I need to reword this a little. In my company we have a team of developers that work on the base code. We will call them team X. Then my department customizes the code for the client. We call them team Y. So I develop a site for a customer and our base team X makes changes to the base. I now need to merge them into my code. Now team X has their SVN code on one server while my teams code is on another. Is there a way I can merge this? Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.