Hi all,
I need help so please give the genuine replies. They helped me a lot. I pick out two internet plans and want some solid reasons to choose the best among them. Please share your ideas as soon as possible.
The plans are:
Plan I
Type of conection: Wireless/Residential
Monthly Price: $14.95
Speed: Wireless Speeds
Download Limit (Total): 1.5GB
Download Limit (Peak): N/A
Download Limit (Off-peak):N/A
Excess Data: $0.14/Mb
Contract Length: 24 months
Monthly Price Cap: N/A
IP Address: Dynamic
Payment Types Available: Credit Card, Direct Debit
Cancellation Fees: $300 pro-rata fee.

Plan II
Type of conection: Wireless/Residential
Monthly Price: $15.00
Speed: Wireless Speeds
Download Limit (Total): 1GB
Download Limit (Peak): N/A
Download Limit (Off-peak): N/A
Excess Data: 3c/MB, 2000MB max ($60/mth) Contract Length: 24 months
Monthly Price Cap: $75.00
IP Address: Dynamic
Payment Types Available: Direct Debit
Cancellation Fees: 255 pro rata

Both are looking good; please help me to choose one.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I would never get any residential broadband service that does not provide unlimited downloads. It is very easy to download multiple gigabytes in a day. One Linux DVD image is 4GB. One HD video for a TV show is 1-2GB. In my opinion, neither of these are suitable, although you may be limited in your selection if $15 is your maximum price point. I pay about $60 USD for 5-6mbps speed and unlimited downloads. A 1.5mbps bandwidth (and unlimited downloads) is about $30 USD.

So, assuming that these two plans are your options and $15 is your budget limit, I think I would go with plan II since it has a monthly price cap. However, you will probably find that unless you are only doing simple email (no attachments/photos, etc) and web browsing, you will quickly far exceed the basic cap, and will be paying close to the maximum, or hitting the 2GB overage limit. My advice is to pay a bit more for an unlimited plan. You will probably save $$ over time by paying $30/month instead of $15.

wow niether of those look good 3-4GB/day is easy to hit you're likely going to go over also both are listed as wireless? not good go for at least a wired connection if you can.

its deppend on your work what kind of work you want to do with that normaly peoples use 5 GB

which one is the best guys.

The question should be "which one is better", since neither is particularly good. If you are only doing web browsing, email (few, small attachments), and such (no streaming video or audio, then I'd go with the 1.5GB plan. They both state that speeds are "wireless speeds", whatever that means. Is the connection 3G, 4G, WiMax, or what?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.