my toshiba laptop froze, started bepping constantly so i took out the battery now it says it needs me load a reboot disc, it didnt come with one. so what do i do, any thoughts?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

What happens when you turn it on? Is it indicating that no OS is found? If so, sounds like your hard drive crashed.

If you want to test the rest of the laptop to make sure its working, if you get your hands on a bootable CD, just put it in the CD rom drive and see if the laptop boots properly. If it does, then that is more evidence that your hard drive is no longer working.

THE TOSHIBA SCREEN WITH F2 SETUP AND F12 ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN, THE IT GOES TO DOS SCREEN, BEEPING STARTS AND IT SAYS NO BOOTABLE DEVICE--INSERT BOOT DISC AND PRESS ANY KEY. IT ALSO SAYS FOR ATHEROS PCIE ETHERNET CONTROLLER V2.0.1.9 CABLE CONNECTION NOT FOUND. THE LAPTOP DIDNT COME WITH A BOOT DISC, ANY IDEAS?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.