Hello,

When I checked on my Statistics, Google traffic is always more than Yahoo and MSN alot.

I really want to know some tricks on how to get traffic on Yahoo and MSN.

I know some tips on Google already based on what I read from this forum including Article and Directory submission.

Any tips is appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Well, the simple reason is probably just that more people use google :)

easy, that's becauz when most peole want know something nowasdays , they simply google it.

Another reason is that Google search has been made available:
1. As the first choice on FireFox search box. Yahoo is also a drop down option but I wonder which percentage of users actually purposely stroll down to use Yahoo.
2. on major mobile devices - I have both a Blackberry and iTouch and I have a Google application for both. I did not find a Yahoo application so of course I will choose Google.

Thus, Google cast a far wider net than the other two search engines which may explain why more people use Google. Hardly anyone says: "Yahoo it!"

on major mobile devices - I have both a Blackberry and iTouch and I have a Google application for both

Palm devices use Yahoo and Windows Mobile Devices use MSN/Live/Bing

This is because Google is first choice for most of the people.

It all depends on the type of message the logo is trying to evoke. The red in Yahoo evokes power meanwhile the rainbow like colors and the mostly blue hues in Google evokes high levels of trust. Look at the logos for major online networking sites, there are all blue - Myspace, LinkedIn, and Facebook.

I think because Google is the most trusted search engine in the whole wide world.

Hello,

When I checked on my Statistics, Google traffic is always more than Yahoo and MSN alot.

I really want to know some tricks on how to get traffic on Yahoo and MSN.

I know some tips on Google already based on what I read from this forum including Article and Directory submission.

Any tips is appreciated.

Thanks very much.

HAHA your title and your content are actually two completely different questions
your title ask about google--i guess just becauz it si the biggest
and your thread is about yahoo and msn SEO

more people rely on the search result of google than the two SE

Hello,

As we can see the last month Statistics google is at the top with approx 74% market share.
This is all because of its popularity.No doubt yahoo and msn are also popular. But i think they are mostly used for mails than search.

MSN has recently launched BING search engine. Also Cuil is assumed to be 3 times faster in some specific searches than google but still google dominates.

Hardly anyone says: "Yahoo it!"

That's a really good point. Do you remember back in the late 90s though when Yahoo put a lot of money into marketing and that had those commercials that were like "Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Ah, the good old days. hehehe.

You can participate on Yahoo Groups.. It provide wider amount of back links.. Back links helps your site to get the right amount of traffic you want..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.