Since I am new w/ this Blog thing and doing the R&D part of it, I am really wondering if this will work for my Colorado Real Estate Mountain Development project. Since this is the most difficult Google PPC campaign I have experienced and a long closing sale with people giving over 100k for their building lot, it makes me think if I am wasting my time with a Blog and maybe just focus on the PPC Google and the Real Estate search engines. I am open to any ideas and Thank You for your support. :)

Britt Boyd - Internet Marketer - CCNA Student
Evergreen, CO - << url deleted by moderator to comply with forum policy >>

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Since I am new w/ this Blog thing and doing the R&D part of it, I am really wondering if this will work for my Colorado Real Estate Mountain Development project. Since this is the most difficult Google PPC campaign I have experienced and a long closing sale with people giving over 100k for their building lot, it makes me think if I am wasting my time with a Blog and maybe just focus on the PPC Google and the Real Estate search engines. I am open to any ideas and Thank You for your support. :)

Evergreen, CO

Britt-
Blogs work because of ever increasing content and links. Thus Google likes your site. Because it like your site, your site will get positions, which will give you traffic.

Thus, you have a better chance to influence your readership.

Tim O'Keefe

REBs work but you need to spend time getting the blog into blog directories. Otherwise it is harder to find (Google only works if you have the right specific words that people are searching for, while blog directories allow for easily finding topics as well as keywords). If you are looking for a quick advertisement method for your development, this may not be the right avenue.
Amy Blakeley
San Francisco Real Estate

<< Please set your Signature in the Control Panel >>

Sure they work, create quality content and update frequently. If your domain has broken the real estate filter and you host the blog on your domain, you will get Google rankings as well. This thread ranks #3 Google for " real estate blogs " .

If anybody wants one, you can get a free real estate blog here.

<< url removed by moderator to comply with forum policy: no advertisements or site URLs permitted in the Promotion Techniques forum >>

I don't know about realestate blogs - yet but...

I have some personal stuff on a subdomain at
<< url deleted >>
and my blog at << url deleted >>

and the subdomain is PR4
while the blog is PR5

that has to show a bias towards the blog
* the blog is new
* the subdomain is old with alot of inbound links

yet the blog rates higher! Make your own conclusions

Sarah

I've a question for you techies about blog traffic in general.

Tim - you are in a good position to address this ... as you said "blogs work because of ever increasing content and links."

We could choose any subject, but real estate has been mentioned so we will go with that. We could narrow our focus to real estate in a given state or city, but for our purposes ... lets just go with real estate in general.

So lets say on our real estate blog we set up a news feed from ... lets say Yahoo News ... and lets say we fetch all news articles that mention the keyword string "real estate".

Furthermore, lets say we have our blog set to make a separate new page for each article that comes from the feed for the term "real estate" ... and since it's all on auto-pilot we will be building lots of content related to the subject.

Now for the question ???

Will all these pages created, likely be spidered and thereby cause traffic to come to the site in significant amounts ??? Is this approach lame ... are there obvious flaws that I am overlooking?

Thanks for all comments. I'm rather lame on the tech side of the biz and wanted to get some opinions from knowledgeable folks.

This is my first post here, I've known about this place for some time. I failed to get a answer at my regular hangout so I thought to look here. From my first glance there is some might fine technical expertise represented here.

Thanks for your insight : )

Yes it will work and you've no doubt stumbled upon sites that do just that, and stumbled away just as quickly.

It works from a search engine perspective but not from a human perspective. You have to balance the two.

Sarah

From a human perspective not quite yet, blogging is not where it should be and will be in the near future.

Mike

We have set up real estate blogs for clients and friends and some of them rank for their city and real estate. It depends on the content of course. However if Google likes the domain name your blog is hosted on, you are golden :cool:

Hi

just realised I broke the rules

Last edited by cscgal : May 2nd 2005

sorry 'bout that. I was just trying to give an example :)

As far as real estate site is concerned I think it is important to build a brand first before you have the ability to capture those leads and accordingly you can make your marketing strategies to follow up on those leads.

I am also interested in blog but the thing is that how can you regularly update it when you don't have time.

You can hire a blogger for daily update and enable rss for daily feed.

Evergreen, CO - << url deleted by moderator to comply with forum policy >>

One of the reasons I recommend Realtors blog is that it is an unbeatable marketing tool. I think that side of it can often be overlooked. Some blogs have marketing tools like social networking ping services and advanced personalized RSS feeds built right in, so by blogging- you can gain an increased web presence, connect personally with your audience and raise in the SERPs. Blogging, when done right, is the best and least expensive form of web marketing available to you. The key to blogging is selecting the right blog. Be sure to do your research and select the right blog with the right features for your business. (to see some feature rich blogs that pull in Zillow, MLS/IDX data and have built-in marketing serivces and SEO- check out << url snipped >>) Some of the free blogs are worthwhile as well- however make sur eyouhost yoru blog and website on the same server or you will lose conversion and value to the search engines.

Love to get a PM with those free real estate blogs.

Anyone can PM me with succesfull Real Estate blog, I am researching how to do this for Europe.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.