have you tried traffic exchanges?

dear brother best option you chose your website seo marketing then yous sit traffic improve.

article submission , blog commentingand pr submissions really works well

article submission, blog commenting and pr submissions really works well

try to promote the website by google...adsense...it works

Site promotion is a on going process. Once you have made a directory submissions, check back a month later, and you will find that some of them did not take. Resubmit as necessary, but do not over do it. Always be on the overlook for new sites, that might be willing to give you a link, and for new promotion opportunities.

Yes, I agree with Harjos. Also, carry out some regular activities like bookmarking and article submissions with good and relevant content that describes your site better.

You should do SEO for you website.
It will you to create back-links and get indexed in serps.

In a nutshell, you should do everything. SEO, SEM, PPC, but content and good anchor text will increase your rankings. It all takes time and patience. See what your competitors are doing and do the same thing.

I here a lot of opinions, but see no facts. What is the return on investment?

Example: If I put out a press release via PR-WEB I received X,XXX new visitors to my site each day for a week or something like that.

For promotion, you are at good place. yes in forums you can clear your doubt as well.

However, if you contribute to any forums then you can get good return from here.

Social Media sites are great. Here's a few that will help get you started. Each has a do follow link on the profile. Add the url address of your website to your profile to create some links back to you site. Search engines love it!

ClaimID- start here and add all your social media sites to the list
Vox
YouTube
Friend Feed- not sure about the dofollow status
Linkedin
CoRank
Merchant Circle- not sure about the dofollow status
Myspace
Proppeller
Stumbleupon
Twitter
Technorati
Proppeller
Twitter
Technorati

THANKS for the list!

Most effective way to promote your site.

Social Bookmarking
Yahoo answer
facebook,twitter and my space
Email marketing
Blog Commenting

Use a PR service like PRWEB. I would also suggest you submit your site to several search engine using a search engine submission service provider. Then also signup for Google Adwords. This should get you off to a good start.

Regular updating and checking the status of your website and deal with it accordingly it suitable SEO tricks and tips..

That is what we all are doing in this forum. You are here and have started to post - that's a good start!

Some tips to promote a website are:

1 - Create an Email signature
2 - Participate in Newsgroups
3 - Promote Offline
4 - Join a Webring
5 - Join a Banner-exchange programme

Off page optimization is the best way to promot any website which includes blog posting, blog commenting, forum posting.Then bookmark these blog posts and approved comments to be cached.

Facebook and twitter both work well if you like to promote a website, article marketing is another best method to reach out to more visitors, guest posting is also effective.You can post press releases, classifieds etc

I have the same dilemma here, reading all those responses above give me the ideas which I think will work, I am still a newbie here and wish to thank you all guys for all the information.

Social Media sites are great. Here's a few that will help get you started. Each has a do follow link on the profile. Add the url address of your website to your profile to create some links back to you site. Search engines love it!

ClaimID- start here and add all your social media sites to the list
Vox
YouTube
Friend Feed- not sure about the dofollow status
Linkedin
CoRank
Merchant Circle- not sure about the dofollow status
Myspace
Proppeller
Stumbleupon
Twitter
Technorati
Proppeller
Twitter
Technorati

I agree completely. If you want to promote your website, use social media services that allow you to promote your website on their service and then interact with customers on these services. That is by far the best way to go.

Do SEO and SMO

The fact is there is no middle ground on the Internet. Business on the Internet is no different than an offline business. You need a store, products to sell, and a marketing plan. The key is a solid sales process. Once the foundation is in place it's time to start marketing. The marketing is the fuel for the sales engine. You could start with free methods, however they typically yield trickles or spurts of traffic. Once sales are made the profit needs to be fed back into the marketing so paid methods can be employed. The key is the sales process. All the traffic in the world gives nothing if a strong sales process is not in place.

Have fun.

-Rich

Use white hat seo techniques and start PPC campaign to get instant traffic.

Optimization of your website off site

OFF-PAGE SEO - Forum Posting, blog commenting, article submission, bookmarking. Its best way to to promote site and get traffic.

First complete On page optimization and then start off page optimization. If your on page is not good then no use of off page optimization.

Maybe if you have the stable traffic,you can try newsletter software .It can maintain the relationship between your site and the visitors. You know the review of the old visitors can dramatically increase your traffic.

Hii

through on page optimization anf off page optimization.

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.