I want to build links to my website, but I am facing a problem. I can't seem to find a lot of websites for backlinks. I don't know how SEOers do it. I have joined Alexa, and gone through my compatition backlink profile so I could find opportunities, but I didn't. I went through 100s of backlinks, but they all seem to be from an relavent websites that is in another language.

Is there any way for me to find link opportunities? How do you do it?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Personally I do not spend any time whatsoever on off-site ranking factors. I work on business web sites, normal stuff not meant to get anybody rich quick but intended to get a market share of the qualified traffic available from keywords and keyword phrase searches specific to the products or services that ther normal business web site offers.

From years of experience in "white hat SEO", in order to highly position web pages, a business Internet marketing strategy usually needs a combination of three components:

1. a general web site that is easy to navigate and well-optimized (highly crafted content, good internal linking structure, optimized tags and attributes, logically named images and web pages ...)
  2. a somewhat separate evolving corporate blog
  3. an ongoing social media campaign

These three components are integrated, cross referencing each using anchor links (textual links), they share the same look and feel, have the same logos etc. This is itself is sufficient in appeasing the search engine and the best part is thatr it is all fully in my control. It is difficult to base on SEO strategy on things that are beyond my control. The key to good SEO is to build from scratch and then keep it updated with fresh content. If other web site designers chose to link to my stuff that's great but unlikely. Often I read how "related" or "relevant" links are the best type of backlinks to acquire. Sure, that makes sense but if I have a service most web site owners of similar or same industry will be reluctant to link to a competitor web sites. You find that out after wasting a couple of weeks finding the keyphrase competitorsand sending them linking requests. That's why I don't bother begging or buying for links. Also a main modern ranking factor is the concept of localization. If my web site is about a Vancouver construction company I surely want to search engine to know that I am doing my business in Vancouver. My web pages will be rewarded for searches deriving from the area. Taking the time to fill out and optimize things like Google+ business pages and Facebook Fan Pages will help rank web pages tremendously for local searches. Posting from an IP address within my business jurisdiction, having the web pages hosted on local servers can also be triggers validating the importance of my pages. A final ranking factor of importance is the significance of establishing long term trust between my Internet marketing strategy and the search engine. It is so incredibly rediculous to assume that if I start a brand new business web site and launch it then somehow get a completely disproportional amount of external links pointing to my new creation that the search engine will be convinced that my web site is legitimate and everybody loves it so it therefore should rank well. Ludicrous. The search engine has seen this type of strategy zillions of time. It doesn't work anymore that way.

Build soundly and let it grow in the most natural fashion. For legitimate business web sites, chasing links is a pointless, wasteful and unpredictable pursuit.

Back link is most important to increate visitor. For finding Dofollow backl link your can use Dropmylink.com site. If you are not expert this sector you can also hire Backlink expert.

Thank you, canadafred for your response. So you say I should not build links? But why? I cannot rank. How else should I promote my website?

I think now a day's there is too much spamming, that's you must do guest post on high authority websites, from there you will get dofollow backlink.

You dont need to add too many links just get qualitity links 4-5 month its enough and update news or update blog in your website twice a week & dont forget to interlink .

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.