dear all

i am a novice in FPGA, i would like to know how to use FPGA, although i have read many things,still very blur, any type of FPGA is ok, if anyone has tutorial or something. thanks a lot.
1. if i have a program made by c++, how to run in FPGA step by step
2. how can i wirte program onto FPGA?

thanks a lot

lizhiyuan

dear all

i am a novice in FPGA, i would like to know how to use FPGA, although i have read many things,still very blur, any type of FPGA is ok, if anyone has tutorial or something. thanks a lot.
1. if i have a program made by c++, how to run in FPGA step by step
2. how can i wirte program onto FPGA?

thanks a lot

lizhiyuan

Hi, lizhiyuan

What kind of application u want to implement in FPGA?Depends on it u chose FPGA.there r different kind of FPGA like Xilinks,Lattice and many more.mostly Xilinks is used.there is free software available for xilinks.There may be crosscompiler available for c++ conversion to VHDL.VHDL language is use for it.
There is development board for FPGA and we can download program in to it.

Hi, lizhiyuan

What kind of application u want to implement in FPGA?Depends on it u chose FPGA.there r different kind of FPGA like Xilinks,Lattice and many more.mostly Xilinks is used.there is free software available for xilinks.There may be crosscompiler available for c++ conversion to VHDL.VHDL language is use for it.
There is development board for FPGA and we can download program in to it.

thanks dear friend

i will run image processing application made by c++.yes, you just give me a detail of Xilinks FPGA, how to run on it step by step. thanks.

Hi,

Hey you go through site of xilinks. you will get all details.
You download ISE webpack from site.You need development board for this download procedure.
For more information go through it.
http://www.xilinx.com/products/design_resources/proc_central/index.htm

May I know why you choice for FPGA only?
there are different processor available and easy to do programming in it and easy convertable.

Can you tell me what kind for image processing application you are working on?Actually I also want to implement Image processing application.Its regarding matching two JPEG images.
You have any idea about it?Can u help me out in this?

thanks for your reply. i would like to know if i have a exe file, when i want to run in on FPGA, how to do it?

my goal is that just speed up processing. i read it already. too many steps need to accomplish it.
thanks

i dun understand what you mean. pls give me detail.thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.