In no way am I new at all of this, but I recently drug my dad's old laptop out of storage about a week ago, and I wiped the hard drive and installed Ubuntu on it so I could try it out, but I looked at all his stuff on it and he has like 225MB of RAM on this system, so I took my old RAM chips from my laptop, and was going to put them in this, and well needless to say I cannot find the RAM slots. The type of computer is a..well, I don't even know. All it says on it anywhere is "Ultra". It says that on the top of the screen, and at the bottom of the screen by the keyboard. I've taken this thing apart as far as I could (Some things I couldn't get off) And still no luck. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

In no way am I new at all of this, but I recently drug my dad's old laptop out of storage about a week ago, and I wiped the hard drive and installed Ubuntu on it so I could try it out, but I looked at all his stuff on it and he has like 225MB of RAM on this system, so I took my old RAM chips from my laptop, and was going to put them in this, and well needless to say I cannot find the RAM slots. The type of computer is a..well, I don't even know. All it says on it anywhere is "Ultra". It says that on the top of the screen, and at the bottom of the screen by the keyboard. I've taken this thing apart as far as I could (Some things I couldn't get off) And still no luck. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

May be it is an old model computer.....

May be it is an old model computer.....

Yeah, it is an older model computer. Like 4 or 5 years old. But does that mean I can't upgrade the RAM at all in it? Or do I just need to find a way around the plastic thing in my way?

Yeah, it is an older model computer. Like 4 or 5 years old. But does that mean I can't upgrade the RAM at all in it? Or do I just need to find a way around the plastic thing in my way?

4 or 5 yrs is not really old ,i have one that about 8 yrs old and all i did to find the ram was take a small screw drive and remove the covers on the back/bottom ,flip it over should be 2 or 3 small covers with one or two screws ,ram should be under on of them,oh and you may even see a model # on the back

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.