im new to computers and made booboo. i recently installed a second internal hard drive in my computer. all was well until i decided to move files from c:drive to d:drive because i got message saying i needed more space. i moved some files then cancelled the transfer because things didnt look right. sure enough, now i can,t access nero or burn.also ive lost icons and access to some programs. fatal error message appeard and also shellmanager database is missing.now i donnit. Im running windows xp. it seems that i have somehow deleted mfc71ull and aol.exe. files also. i have searched all of my files and they are not there.will i have to xp? desperate acasano! thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Please do not double post.

good lesson for beginners ,i remember doing something like that back with my 486 ,40 meg hdd ,lol

when you move files to make room a drive 1,you are only suppose to move data file that u created or pictures ,movies and music you downloaded ,
not system file and program file .windows don't work that way.
to recover windows system file you will need your winxp disk for this ,anyway go to start /run ,in run tyoe in SFC /SCANNOW , note there is a space between C and / ,this will replace missing and corrupt windows file .as for AOL and Nero you will need to reinstall those .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.