Hello, I've been having problems with my folder options and regedit, but I managed to fix it thanks to some info I found here on these forums, now my problem is that now I have my folder options back but everytime I choose the option "Show all hidden files and folders" and hit Apply or Okay it never sticks. Every time I try to see the hidden stuff, it won't work, can somebody tell me what I can do?

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by rana222

you might not have permissions. Are you doing it on an account with administrator priviledges?

Yes, I am the admin of my computer and yes its XP Pro, so what should I do? Change the local security?

Just to be sure:
check your windows firewall, see if it is disabled, and see if you can re-enable it. a virus could set some group policies that would disable the firewall, and take steps to keep itself hidden.

it would say 'group policies have been set for the windows firewall.'

Firewall is on, i've been looking thru regedit:

HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Windows>Explorer>Advanced>Folders>Hidden>SHOWALL

Everytime I try to change the CheckedValue from 0 to 1 it doesn't stay that way, even after I restart the computer it always goes back to being 0 even when I changed it, so what do I do? Is there some security level or something?

type it into the run box - BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU TOUCH. DONT CHANGE ANYTHING. Just check if anything like "dont save profile" or "disable folder view changes" etc... is on or not.

i am going to bed now

I cant seem to find my way around this thing, now that I'm in gpedit.msc where do I go now, I've never been in here, anybody can show me a screenshot of what I'm looking for?

hi,
Guys i m new to u.so its realy nice to find such communities.i realy appereciate ur efforts for spreading knowledge and help each other.i m facing the same prob so if any body helps the it would be great.
cheers.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.