HI,

I recently purchased a dell tower from State surplus because my computers MB and PS
blew up. I installed my recovery disk onto the new tower and installed an audio card, ethernet card and the old hard drive. The system is working well. However, I cannot access my Documents/default. When I click on the defaut on documents and settings I get a message that the folder cannot open.. I think it has something to do with the administrator and password on the old HD. How do I fix the problem so that I can access the old hard drive totally. The system recognizing the old hard drive as E and I can access the programs but cannot get into my documents... Thank You SKIP

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

yeah its because there was a password on the old drive when it was the main drive .try this might work .I had this problem with customers hdd and only was i got the folder open was to boot it back up in old computer and remove password .i was lucky there motherboard was still working ,just being upgraded .
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

thanks for the input.... I may give it an attempt... Wish Me LUCK

may

good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.