obsession_101 0 Newbie Poster

Hi everyone,

I am in desperate need of help. My computer had a bunch of viruses and these "application error" notices just keep popping up randomly asking me to terminate the application because of "memory x00000," can't remember exactly how it came up. So I downloaded the AVG Free 8.0 antivirus program to try and get rid of some viruses. But as I was installing, these notices keep on coming up again asking me to terminate the application and that there was an error. Finally, after I was able to intall the program I couldn't get it to open. And now everything on my desktop is frozen after startup. My desktop loads and I can see all my applications, but everything is frozen and unresponsive. I can't even restart my computer from the startup menu it just doesn't respond. The only thing that I can do now is turn on my computer and wait for the desktop to load then everything freezes wherever I click, and it seems to be getting worse everytime I restart. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks so much!
Yang

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.