Hello, this is how my experience goes. I turned on the computer one morning before going to work and after startup the CMOS screen came up. I checked no to the question I don't remember and it gave me a follow up message about something not working if I continued. So I hit cancel and check yes. I was in a hurry and didn't have time for games so I took the next and fastest step and just shut it down. When I got home later that evening I started the computer up and it pulled up the OS choices menu. I selected start windows normally and it did a 30 sec countdown. This is were it got fun. After the 30 sec it froze. I did this again but instead hit the enter button and the 30 sec stop around 20 and froze. I shut down again this time hitting F8 which brought up the windows advanced options menu. I have selected every option and it processes then freezes all except starting in safe mode which will pull up all the windows directories and then freeze. That's the jest of it, now what ? Please help

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Kill yourself trying ,but you need to remember the first question it asked ,and the follow up !
its the key to you problem ,there are so many things that could cause this !

COULD BE THAT YOU HAVE CHANGED SOMETHING IN THE CMOS:BIOS; oN STARTUP GO TO SETTING BIOS 5USUALLY F2 or DEL AND THEN SEE IF RESETTING THE MAIN SETTINGS TO THE DEFAULTS CURES IT. DANGEROUS BUT IT MIGHT WORK.
m

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.