To make a long storie short. I've disabled all boot drives except for the cd Drive. So that should be the only opption.

I put my Winxp Cd in, and and re-boot. when my computer SHOULD boot my cd, my Cd rom - cannot detect the cd.. And Insted a black screen pops up Sayin somthing like. "please re-boot and boot from other device, or put bootable cd in bootable device and press any key." i press any key. and the same message pops up again.

Ive tried 2 diffrent Cd's, all which i know work on other computers. So there sould not be a problem with the cd's.

Anyone that have any ideas? Might i need to update my Bios. I do find it unlikly, but u never know:p

Anways, anyone oyt there that can help?

Buzz,
Verify there is not a floppy disc USB or other types inserted in the workstation.

If that fails pop open the case and have a look at the cabeling for the cd-rom. If everything appears plugged in tight and working then try a new cd-rom.

Good Luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.