I need help my TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223F driver does not read dvd and cd. Every time i put a dvd show me that is empty.What i have to do to fix the problem?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Try running a cd/dvd drive cleaning disc through the drive.

where can i find cd/dvd cleaner disc?

i also have the same problem ...wat can i do ??
n where can u find the dvd cleaner???

Any electronics store should have it, they're fairly common.

If your CD-ROM is not able to read any CD then there is a problem with the lense of the CD-ROM. There might be a dust on it and you have to open it and clean it with a dry cloth.

It is recommended that you take this CD-ROM to the tech support of the Company from where you purchased it or to the vendor.

If your CD-ROM is not able to read any CD then there is a problem with the lense of the CD-ROM. There might be a dust on it and you have to open it and clean it with a dry cloth.

It is recommended that you take this CD-ROM to the tech support of the Company from where you purchased it or to the vendor.

And that is exactly what a CD/DVD cleaning disk is designed to do, clean any muck from your lens. They are cheap and available where ever you can buy blank CD/DVDs.

Hi
theres only so much that can be wrong
As instructed try a cd lenser cleaner
And/or

-See if Data cables (IDE) is pluged in correctly
-Change/ Swop out IDE cables

If The above fails than its most like the drive is Kapoot

I am having the same problem ,able to read the CDs but when i insert the DVD it doesnt read anything other than flashing light

Thinking about it I actually had some sort of the same problem a year or two back with a Sahara DVDRW combo drive.
It could read CD"s and DVD's and Burn CD's, however I could not burn my DVD's. Bought a new one and voila

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.