In Windows XP, when using the default picture viewer to look at digital camera photos, I can select a picture and right click to choose "Send to Mail Recipient". This then pops up a dialog to ask if I want to make the pictures smaller: all this is fine. However, when I progress beyond there, it starts up Netscape Mail as the mailer, and attaches the selected photo in there. However, my default mailer is Outlook Express (where all my addresses etc are). The "Send to Mail Recipient" thing used to use Outlook Express, but somehow changed to Netscape a while ago -- I don't know how! I have made sure the default mailer is Outlook Express, which it seems to be for other purposes, but this one has me confused.

Does anyone know how to set Outlook Express as the default for "Send to Mail Recipient"?

Merry Christmas All,
Vera

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

In IE /tools /inter net options /programs /and check OE to be the mail handler

In IE /tools /inter net options /programs /and check OE to be the mail handler

Thanks, but that doesn't work! In fact, I'd already done all those obvious things. The point is that OE believes it is the default mailer, Netscape knows that IT is not, and yet it is Netscape mail that opens up when I "Send to Mail Recipient" or "Email this file"!!! XP can be so obscure :mad:

Vera

Have you checked the 'Set Program Access and Defaults' in the Add or Remove Programs control panel?

Have you checked the 'Set Program Access and Defaults' in the Add or Remove Programs control panel?

Thanks! That did the trick. I set it to OE rather than "default mailer" (still don't know why that didn't work though). :cheesy:

Thank you! I was having the same issue and only found the answer here.
Much obliged,
Chere

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.