Recently I've been having trouble ripping CDs to my itunes library. The program will rip a song or two and suddenly stall. At this point Itunes becomes unresponsive and makes no more progress on the rip and I can still hear the CD drive attempting to rip the track. I've tried to rip the songs with WMP with no luck and I tried replacing the disk drive which only worked temporarily. Thanks in advance for the help.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

1. Could be codec problem. To check, in iTunes try ripping to .acc format.

2. Or could be a copy protection issue, which means that the CD has been encrypted so that drives can't copy from it. You can easily test this by seeing if you have the problem with just one or more CDs.

COOL..Caperjack...me too i've been using it for years also...Two Thumbs Up...;)

1. Could be codec problem. To check, in iTunes try ripping to .acc format.

2. Or could be a copy protection issue, which means that the CD has been encrypted so that drives can't copy from it. You can easily test this by seeing if you have the problem with just one or more CDs.

Okay it seems to be a codec problem. The .acc format worked. Is that something specific that I download?

Okay it seems to be a codec problem. The .acc format worked. Is that something specific that I download?

For the K-Lite codec pack click here. Download and run the installer. I believe you'll get the chance to select what codecs(formats) you want. No need to select anything that you've already got and which works.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.