Ive got a hp pavilion ze5000 notebook. Its got a 2.4 ghz proccessor, 512 mb memory, ati mobility radeon graphics. Problem is that when i move a window it leaves trails behind it (not permanent, about a 0.75 second delay before they go away) and when i play a visualization on Windows Media Player they appear very very slow, both of which will bring my cpu usage to 80-100%. Ive tried changeing resolution, color bit, and turning off hardware acceloration. Any ideas on how i might be able to fix this?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I seen this many times first download the lastest drivers for the video card. Also get Motherboard drivers and Chipset drivers. This doesn't work it might be a hardware problem I had a case at work the case was so full of dust it was casuing the video card to pretty much die. Clean the case just a thought.

Try those if you have time and nothing to lose just reformat it's the easiest fastest solution to fixing thing :) (if it works)

Ive got a hp pavilion ze5000 notebook. Its got a 2.4 ghz proccessor, 512 mb memory, ati mobility radeon graphics. Problem is that when i move a window it leaves trails behind it (not permanent, about a 0.75 second delay before they go away) and when i play a visualization on Windows Media Player they appear very very slow, both of which will bring my cpu usage to 80-100%. Ive tried changeing resolution, color bit, and turning off hardware acceloration. Any ideas on how i might be able to fix this?

I have latest drivers for everything, i have reformated, the problem happened before and after i did that, ive tried reinstalling the drivers, computer is very clean inside, motherboard has been replaced becuase of a power issue and the problem is still present. Anything else you can think of? :)

Well it might be a hardware problem if that is the case do you have a warrenty? I am all out of idea's guys.

I have latest drivers for everything, i have reformated, the problem happened before and after i did that, ive tried reinstalling the drivers, computer is very clean inside, motherboard has been replaced becuase of a power issue and the problem is still present. Anything else you can think of? :)

Yeah i have a hardware replacement warantee with bestbuy, they might be able to fix it, but they will probably insist that its a software issue, but ill see if i can convince them to take a look at it. Thanks for your input. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.