Ok, have a slight problem............ I have a Dell Optiplex GX260 running XP Home. It has 3 hard drives (C,D, & E). Now, XP Home edition is installed on hard drive C. A while ago, i installed XP Pro on a different hard drive (E). I deleted XP Pro recently, but when I turn my computer on, it still gives me the option to either boot with XP Pro, or XP Home. How do I have it start up automatically with XP Home again? (How do I delete the XP Pro from the OS boot menu???) Thanks!

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Musan

well, problem is that in the boot.ini, its only showing windows xp home edition....... not xp professional too. But, it still makes me choose which os to boot up with when i turn on the computer. Any more suggestions?

Ok, have a slight problem............ I have a Dell Optiplex GX260 running XP Home. It has 3 hard drives (C,D, & E). Now, XP Home edition is installed on hard drive C. A while ago, i installed XP Pro on a different hard drive (E). I deleted XP Pro recently, but when I turn my computer on, it still gives me the option to either boot with XP Pro, or XP Home. How do I have it start up automatically with XP Home again? (How do I delete the XP Pro from the OS boot menu???)

P.S. - I've checked the boot.ini file and it only dislpays xp home, not xp pro. Any ideas?

Boot Into An XP Recover Console (dos prompt like thing), and do a:
FIXMBR and probably FIXBOOT too. That Should take care of things :)

Right Click My Computer -- Properties -- Advanced --- click on start up and recovery oprtions -- choose your default operating system .. and make the time to display operating system options less than 30.

Hey you guys. I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!! PRETTY SIMPLE ONE AT THAT!! First, I made absolutely sure that xp pro was deleted from the boot.ini file. Then, I went to msconfig (typed msconfig into the run prompt on start menu). Then, under the general tab, i selected NORMAL STARTUP. I restarted and everything was back to normal! Hope I helped some other people with similar problem!!! :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Hey you guys. I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!! PRETTY SIMPLE ONE AT THAT!! First, I made absolutely sure that xp pro was deleted from the boot.ini file. Then, I went to msconfig (typed msconfig into the run prompt on start menu). Then, under the general tab, i selected NORMAL STARTUP. I restarted and everything was back to normal! Hope I helped some other people with similar problem!!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

nanosani was right on track, however to delete the extra iso just go to where ever see told u to go then go to edit and erase the os u dont want to boot from and save the file. restart pc and your done! :)

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.