Hi I am running XP Professional version 2002 :rolleyes: and sometimes, not allways when I select shutdown to turn off the machine I get a small screen that says WINDOwS EXPLORER IS CLOSING, after that comes another screen that says THIS PROGRAM DOES NOT RESPOND and you get the possibility to cancel or terminate y the aplication. I terminate and then the machine closes, if I select cancel it returns to windows but no icons on screen and I must reboot. Can anyone help me with this isssue? Sorry for my english but it is my best.
Greetings from
Mendoza
Argentina

What is the name of the program that does not respond while shutting down.

Stuart.

What is the name of the program that does not respond while shutting down.

Stuart.

THE NAME OF THE PROGRAM IS MS EXPLORER. IF FIRST SAYS THAT IT IS SHUTTING DOWN AND THEN APPEARS A NEW WINDOW THAT SAYS THAT THE PROGRAM DOES NOT RESPOND. THAT IS WHEN I HAVE TO REEBOOT.
HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME !!!!!

THE NAME OF THE PROGRAM IS MS EXPLORER. IF FIRST SAYS THAT IT IS SHUTTING DOWN AND THEN APPEARS A NEW WINDOW THAT SAYS THAT THE PROGRAM DOES NOT RESPOND. THAT IS WHEN I HAVE TO REEBOOT.
HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME !!!!!

This may be due to an additional copy of explorer.exe loaded into the system.

1. Do a search for explorer.exe under the Windows directly. The proper one is in C:\Windows. There may be some other copies in Service pack directories, but if you see another in System32 for example, it shouldnt be there and needs to be renamed.

2. Make sure your virus scanner is up to date and that you have downloaded some ant-spyware programs like Spybot and Adaware.

Stuart

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.