I have recently run into problems viewing images on some web pages. I am using IE 6. When the page comes up, I get a little graphic in the upper lefthand corner where the image is suppose to appear (the graphic has a circle, triangle and square). I am running AdsGone ad blocker. I have attempted to turn this off, ad the website address to the whitelist, etc. but nothing seems to work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Are you sure that the images are present on the server ... it can be that there is a bad image url specified by the webmasters?

I am having the same problem as this, i have internet explorer 6 on windows xp and yes im sure the images are there, Many Thanx Nightshade

try /IE/Tools/advanced/scroll down to multimedia,and make sure that show images is checked off ,also it could be related to security settings ,some sites have images on them that are linked to from other sites.that are considered bad .

try /IE/Tools/advanced/scroll down to multimedia,and make sure that show images is checked off ,also it could be related to security settings ,some sites have images on them that are linked to from other sites.that are considered bad .

Thanks - tried your suggestions, but still having problems. For an example of a site that I cannot see images for, take a look at http://www.franklinoutdoor.com/

The site you linked needs the Macromedia Flash plugin to work corrctly, regardless of what browser you use.

Thanx Caperjack, i tried what you said and still having probs however i'm very grateful for the following information which was in your post and have found it extremely helpful and have followed much of the advice given.

MySignature
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites

Collection of Helpful Softwares maintained here . Software tools
Spyware removal tools not to BUY!
Rouge TOOLS
microsoft downloads.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Popular.aspx?DisplayLang=en&categoryId=

Thanx again Nightshade :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.