Hey everyone. I need some help. I have a Dell Dimension XPS Gen4 and it came with a DVD burner drive (DVD R/RW). It burns DVDs, however i noticed they won't play on any dvd players, just computers. However, when i burn the same movie with my brothers external dvd burner, it'll play perfectly on a dvd player. I noticed that his external said DVR burner while mine only said DVD burner. Does this make a difference? I'm kinda clueless when it comes to this matter. If I got a internal DVR burner instead of an internal DVD burner would my movies work on dvd players? Thanks!

Hey everyone. I need some help. I have a Dell Dimension XPS Gen4 and it came with a DVD burner drive (DVD R/RW). It burns DVDs, however i noticed they won't play on any dvd players, just computers. However, when i burn the same movie with my brothers external dvd burner, it'll play perfectly on a dvd player. I noticed that his external said DVR burner while mine only said DVD burner. Does this make a difference? I'm kinda clueless when it comes to this matter. If I got a internal DVR burner instead of an internal DVD burner would my movies work on dvd players? Thanks!

Can't see that making the difference mine a dvd burner and i burm moves that play in my tv setup dvd player .
What are u using to burn the movies ,what file type are the movies ,are you copying orginal dvd movies or movies from p2p/torrents.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.