I have bought a HP computer sometimes ago, it is P-IV-, 1.3MHz and 256 RAM and few days ago i dont know what happened but as soon as i started "activiation code" window poped up.. i go no internet connection nor any kind of activated code and i dont know how should i get rid of that thing.. any body with any idea plz help..:cry:
thank you

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The steps needed to activate your installation should have been included with your machine.
In case you have no internet connection you should call Microsoft to help you out, the number is in the documentation.

It is also available through the wizard, where it will give you the telephone number and the steps that follow on from that conversation.

Should also be able to activate through a different computer, such as the on you are using to view this post.

I'm suprised that it came up, usually XP is activated by the Seller, maybe it asks every year?

it will also ask again if you change more than one vital hardware device within 120 days

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.