hello i need some help please...
i have a dell dimension 3000 intergrated sound and graphics i have put a nvida 256 graphics card in and all is fine.

what i want to do is if i can is have a nother hard drive with windows 95 or 98 on and play all my fav game like c & c

can you help please :cheesy: :cheesy:

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

The proper way would be to install 98 first and then XP; however it is possible to load 98 on an existing XP install if the c drive is formatted fat or fat32, not ntfs. There are instructions at DougKnox.com.
Just do a search for installing 98 after XP.

hi mate that link dont work

If you mean the one I just posted I just checked it in both Firefox and Internet Explorer and it works fine for me. Perhaps a problem at your end?

sorry i was on works computer at home now and works thanks

keep in mind that your computer might not work that well with Windows 98... That computer was "Designed for Windows XP"-- usually that translates to "Too lazy to make drivers for the other OSes"

Keep in mind also that there's usually no need to have Windows 98 to get older games to work under Windows XP. You simply need to do a bit of research and find out how others have been able to make the games work. For C&C:
http://www.gidforums.com/t-4535.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.