I have windows XP with an asus A8N SLI Deluxe mobo, amd 64 3500+, nvidia 6600 GT. I recently tried to update the BIOS using asus's BIOS updater where you can supposedly update your BIOS from the internet with out having to create a bootable floppy disk and all that groovy stuff. After I restarted it, it would go through the post then it would proceed to give me some options. Start windows normally, start windows to a known default when it worked properly, start in safe mode. I have tried all the options but they all do the same thing, it just starts the computer over again and comes back to the screen with those options. So Im wondering, do I need to flash the BIOS to get it going again? Or will a fresh install of Windows XP do the trick? Or is it dead? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

maybe your ram isn't working properly? check your primary memory or any recent hardware... I JUST had that problem like two minutes ago (which is freaky) and when I removed the ram to test it, and reinserted the ram to test again, it started properly but displayed only 256mb of ram when i actually had 1 gb...

Thanks for the suggestion, but no dice. I removed the ram and started it w/o it. Then put it back in, and it does the same thing.

i might have the same problem similar too yours, and if it is similar, then a fresh installation of win xp won't do it, i've tried it and and it still keeps restarting...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.